Resource allocation system in ICM
The system is available at https://granty.icm.edu.pl/. It allows you to:
- submit an application for a new user account in ICM
- submit project application
- submit applications for allocation of computing resources under the project
- add users to the project
- submit reviews and publications obtained under the project
- check resource consumption
Project - describes the scientific activity. Within the project, we distinguish:
- Project manager (PI - Principal Investigator) - defines the person responsible for the project.
- Allocation - (equivalent to 'account' in SLURM) - describe the allocated computing resources (amount, duration).
- Grants (NCN, NCBiR, etc.) - describe the source of funding.
- Reviews - describe the calculation results, reported once a year.
Access to resources
Access to the supercomputer can be divided into two parts:
- Account activation - possibility to log in
- Granting allocation - possibility to perform calculations
Why such a division?
After the allocation is consumed, the user can still log in and download the results of his/her the calculations.